Thursday, September 8, 2011

You've Got to Start Somewhere

A few years ago I was asked to speak to the distinguished scholars from my high school which was quite an honor.  The title of my speech was "You've Got to Start Somewhere".  How true for anyone wanting to make a change, be successful, or even just survive in this every changing world we live in.  And as much as I would like to keep things simple, they just don't seem to happen that way.  So after a fun holiday weekend I was inspired by a good friend to start a blog.  The main reason will be to look back someday and laugh or maybe even cry at the ever changing things happening in and around my life.

The first thing will be partaking in my friend Sara's "Back on the Horse Challenge" which I so need.  So stay tuned for updates.  

Today's goals:
1. Drink 64oz of water. 8 oz down so far,
2. Elliptical tonight for 30 minutes. - thought I should stay indoors with this nasty weather.
3. Start weighing myself everyday. 

This weeks goals:
1. No pizza - doing well
2. No desserts - had 1/2 of a cookie a patient brought me.
3. More fruits, veggies, low carb, high protein - doing well here.

Long term goals:
1. Lose 35 pounds by Thanksgiving, 40 pounds by the end of the year. - Lost 0.5 from yesterday. it is a start!
2. Destress - doing better.
3. Feel better, more energetic, more athletic. - taking a positive mental attitude - that is good.


That is it for now.  As you will find I am pretty busy, but think blogging may be a way to help relax and keep things in perspective.  

2 comments:

  1. YEA! Welcome to the bloggy world. I have had so much fun with mine and I enjoy looking back at where we have been. I use mine as our family scrapbook. Enjoy! Great Start! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! Glad you're joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete