Sunday, September 18, 2011

Well Rested

Slept almost 12 hours last night - one of the advantages of going "home" for the weekend.  Woke up to the smell of rosemary and garlic - yep it was almost lunch-time.  I guess I was a little tired from the past few weeks.  I don't think I have slept that long in years!


It has been over a week since I have been on my blog - busy time of year - totally need to catch up.  I have done okay on all of my goals but not as good as I wanted to.  I will say I have been better about water and have done good on protein and salad but still too may bad carbs. 


So goals for this week:
1.  Keep up with 64 oz of water
2.  Get back to the gym 2 days this week - I am trying to be realistic.  Should be able to do 2 good workouts (Wed & Thurs). 
3.  No sweets/desserts Mon-Fri.
4.  Healthy carbs - have been doing great on salads, but have also had too many bad carbs too. 
5.  Blog at least 3 times this week.


Long Term Goals:
1.  Lose 35 pounds by Thanksgiving - this was a little wild - but sometimes I need to shoot for the gold if I want to even come close.
2.  Destress - doing better.  Planning time off and getting back to the gym will help.  Taking a few short trips this fall and have been researching flights for a winter vacation today.   

Had a nice visit with Grandpa Firmani - he is recovering well from his knee surgery.  He is getting around much better today.  Kevin has been a big help with taking care of Grandpa between caring for his knee, little things around the house, and helping Grandpa get around. 

Mom's shoulder is much better too - not 100%, but much better than it was earlier this summer. 

That is about it for now.  Will check in soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment